Mechanical engineering is an essential part of science that teaches us how to create new machines, maintain them and design the various parts that are necessary to address specific needs. It is essential for evolution, creation and innovation, which is why having true professionals at hand to develop them is paramount.
At CLR we are experts in mechanical engineering projects. Our professionalism and great results are our guarantee, and our specialists are the best on the market across several fields.
Characteristics of mechanical engineering projects
At their core, mechanical engineering projects are those that create new machines (or improve existing ones) to address specific needs and problems.
These types of projects are not, at their essence, different from any other project. However, a mechanical engineering project has a long list of characteristics to consider, some of which are:
- First, each project is unique and different, which makes it necessary to control every nuance and specification (budget, programming, etc.) of each of them to the very last detail.
- In addition, the project requires the participation of various sectors to minimize the risks that might emerge (economic, environmental, brand image…).
- The project needs to put a special emphasis on the safety and quality of the products that are developed, whether they are machines or parts.
- They may involve long-term projects lasting up to 3 years or sub-projects that require shorter times due to their lesser complexity.
Mechanical engineering projects need to stress safety and quality in manufactured products
Stages of an engineering project
As stated by the OBS business school, the stages of a mechanical engineering project are:
- Introduction or project summary: the first few lines indicating the project’s characteristics are drafted, paying special attention to the sector involved and, for example, whether the goal is a new item or machine, or if an existing one is to be improved.
- Engineering goals: in many cases, these may be innovation; in others, meeting demands or needs.
- Scope: what will be the impact of this project? Also outline the lines of action for its execution, what is and is not included in the project, and why.
- Manufacturing process stages: the different stages that the manufacturing of the product or machine will involve.
- Resources for its performance: in most cases this is related to industrial materials. What means and goods must we have to carry out our engineering project? How much time?
- Regulations and costs: industrial sectors are usually regulated by specific regulations that must be known.
- Results: what is the end goal of this project? This includes any observations yielded by the project as a whole.
Related reading: Personal safety regulations in horeca projects
What do you need to consider to successfully complete your mechanical projects?
In order to achieve success, you need to keep in mind a series of necessary aspects depending on the type of project:
- Use of speed reducers/gear motors.
In these cases it is necessary to be aware of the voltage, the rated torque, and the linear and angular output speed.
Furthermore, it is necessary to analyze the required IP waterproofing degree, the mechanical assemblies that will be part of the project and the number of required cycles.
- Actuation solutions:
It is necessary to analyze the required input elements and to define the solution, the product’s exploded-view drawing and the technical specifications.
It is also necessary to define the tooling that will be required for mass production, the subsequent packing and packaging, and lastly, to summarize the product’s adequate use conditions so that the client knows how to use it, and to ensure its proper operation.
CLR’s transparency keeps the client informed at all times regarding the project’s evolution.
Furthermore, we always maintain the costs of the various stages of the project up to date in order to maintain the quotation that was accepted by our client. The cost of all stages of the project must stay updated in order to be able to abide by the quotation that was accepted by the client, as well as the theoretical technical specifications desired by the client.
What is it that engineering companies should have to become your ideal partner?
Choosing a partner is difficult, but there are a series of essential requirements that will help you make the right decision.
The partner should:
- Be experienced, flexible and a reliable provider
- Be able to work fast
- Offer rapid prototyping for the solution, which must be approved by the client
- It must carry out an optimal design and analysis in relation to the solution to be manufactured or improved
- Offer any necessary certifications in every respect
- Offer innovation and top quality in all of its mechanical engineering projects and relationships with clients and providers
Why you should choose CLR for your engineering projects
At CLR we first develop functional prototypes for analysis and verification before moving on to the industrialization phase.
This means that if any modification is required, it will only affect the 3D design and not the molds themselves, resulting in much faster and inexpensive modifications to our clients.
Working with us means ensuring that all items mentioned above are complied with.
But, what’s more, we offer other truly important aspects that facilitate the performance of different mechanical engineering projects and bring satisfaction and peace of mind to the client.
- We calculate costs for the performance of the project
- We create rapid prototypes to certify its characteristics
- In addition, we perform an integral industrialization of the product.
We specialize in various sectors, such as HORECA, automotive, vending, electromechanics, security, HVAC… And we have the technical and human capabilities to open up to new sectors and markets.
Do not hesitate – if you need to move forward with your mechanical engineering project, we are the company for you. Get in touch with us and we will provide you with any information you may need.